Like many crafters, I like to watch television while I work/play. It’s great when I’m working on something a bit tedious. And, if I’m making something while I’m watching tv, I’m less likely to fall asleep or eat the house down.
I thought I’d share a few of my favorite shows–I’ll warn you, it’s quite a range!
- The Walking Dead: Yes, I confess I love this show. Anyone who watches it will tell you it’s not all about the zombies. It’s much more about the relationships between the survivors. Of course, it wouldn’t be a zombie show without a little gore, but you quickly get past that.
- Mercy Street: This is a PBS show about a hospital in Alexandria, VA during the Civil War. Since I find history very interesting, this show is right up my ally. The show is in its second season, and has injected a humor that wasn’t there last season.
- The Middle: I have loved this sitcom from day 1. It’s about a middle class family in a small town in Indiana, and is hilarious. The show tends to have parts that mimic our life a little–maybe they have a camera hidden in our house…
- The Goldbergs: Another sitcom–this one set in 1980-something. It’s so much fun to take a look back at the 80s and some of the things I remember (or have forgotten).
- Hunted: This show is new this year. Nine couples are on the run from professional law enforcement agents (police officers, FBI agents, etc.). If they make it 28 days without being caught they win $250,000. It’s amazing to see how people react under pressure, and I’m rather amazed at the amount of information law enforcement officials can gather.
- Riverdale: A new show this year based on the characters from the Archie comics (Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, etc.). I was a fan of the comics growing up and this show is great. It’s a drama–a bit dark, but very addicting.
- The Andy Griffith Show: An oldie but goody. I like to come home from a hard day at work and watch this. It takes place in a much simpler time and I love the relaxing innocence of it.
- Texas Flip & Move: This is a recent find and has quickly become my favorite home improvement-type show. It’s set in Texas, and follows a few folks as they buy homes that are super cheap (as in less than $1,000), move them, and flip them for profit.
- The Pioneer Woman: My favorite cooking show by far. I love watching Ree Drummond whip up some amazing recipes and share her life on the family’s ranch. I’ve made several of her recipes, and they’ve always turned out great. This show is part of my Saturday morning routine. I like to watch it with a good cup of coffee.
It looks like a pretty long list, but I really don’t spend as much time watching tv as it seems! Most of the shows are weekly, and staggered over the entire week. Others, like the last three mentioned, are shows I like and catch when I can.
What do you like to watch while crafting?